....So it has taken me a while to get used to this blog site and how it works, hence the chunk of time in between posts. Now I think that for the most part I have it squared away! I felt a little silly when I was having trouble setting it up since I have used this site before and am pretty good with computers...so I thought!
Disclaimer: For those of you who might happen to stumble upon this blog, I pre-apologise if its boring! :o) Things could get interesting here but lets be honest, its my own personal running diary so chances are slim that it will turn into anything too thrilling!
So back to the basics, I need to get my butt back in gear! I am running my first half marathon in a little over a month! For the record I am not running it to race it, but more running in it to feel the success of accomplishing it! I am running it with one of my best friends Ashley. I met up with her to get coffee the other day. It was the first time we have been able to catch up in a few months! It was so good to see her and talking about our race gave me a good boost; which needed! We have both come so far in our pact to get healthier and lose weight, I can not imagine how good it will feel to cross that finish line with her in June!
The problem this week is that it has been a slow week for my running. When it comes to my life outside of running the week has been absolutely nuts! I spent my 40 hours working at the hospital and another good chunk at the big red dot (my second job). In between I tried to get some sleep, pay some bills, order my books for school, catch up on laundry and of course celebrate my birthday in the middle!
Today unfortunately is Monday for me. I work until midnight and then plan on going for a run. I am hoping that mother nature sorts herself out in the next few days so I can go for some runs outside, but until then its the gym for me. With a little more than a month left before my race I need to make sure I am paying attention to my body and keeping up with my running. I am almost positive that I will be ready when race day gets here but I just need to make sure that I keep focused.
In other news....I am pretty excited that this by creating this blog I happened upon a fellow runner whom I actually see quit frequently at work. I had no idea that she was preparing to run a half marathon in August. I am pretty excited to have made the connection now and hope to see her at some races! Its fun to find more people who share a passion for running, they are my motivation when I hit a rough spot.
That's all folks....I shall leave you with a few things I have been pondering....
* Do you run with a heartrate monitor...do you love it? do I need one? If so, whats a good one?
* I am not a typical girly girl, infact my brother wore off on me and I am the family tomboy...but I kinda want to try running in a running skirt...(lets hope not too many of my friends find this)..but I am not so sure it really would allow me to run without my leg 'chub' to rub if ya know what I mean...anyone with skirt experience?
Dude, I'm so glad you found my blog. Seriously! And yes, we'll definitely do some races together! That would be fun!
ReplyDeleteYou wanna run in a skirt, huh? I will admit, the idea intrigues me as well, but I don't want to spend the money on something I might hate! Just like I would love to try the Vibram Five Finger shoes, but can't get myself to actually pay to try them.
Keep up the writing! I'm not bored AT ALL! And happy belated birthday!